Friday, June 10, 2005

Basic Communications With Your Soul ~

Good Afternoon ~ I'm sitting in office doing nothing once again ... so heres a little update and some thoughts i had of recent ... rememeber its all my opinions ... enjoy ~
Life I guess is never an easy road ... closing to 2mths 1 wk of attachment with CMM has given light to many misconceptions and previous believes for me (with regards to life ... society ... laboratories and people)
I guess working is never meant to be something fun ... but as the saying goes " how much fun you have depends very much on how much fun you want to have "...
In the reseach environment, fun is not a tangible value (then again ... since when was it tangible) ... So I guess passion is the key to sustaining the will to come to work and go through the same crap everyday =) However passion isn't something that comes at will ... which brings me to ponder if I will eventually go into the line of research ... Will Dr.Simon Soh become a dream that never becomes reality ? only time will tell ...
To me the research life meant exciting discoveries and endless mind boggling puzzles to be sloved with people working together to make it all happen in an intensive environment with uncountable array of chemicals ... Well the fact is ... I'm not all that wrong ... arrays of chemical yes ... just not really in use all the time ... intensive environment ... er ... not really ... people working together ... perhaps just a few ... in fact looking on the bright side lab isn't all that serious a place to be ... yet the endless repetition of the same protocol isn't exactly what i was looking for ...
Well enough abt labs and work ... i guess not many out there (even biologist in trg) may end up working in labs ... so moving on ...
In the course of time between now and when i first left sch for attachment ... I've come to realise that some habits that one may assume people grow out of may actually linger late into their lives if not attended to ... people in their 20s with no social skill .... people reaching their 30s with no goal in life ... people in their 30s with a general distaste for life & people ... I don't know ... maybe somewhere in there life they lost sight of their goals ... maybe somewhere along the path they forgot that their roots ... or maybe ... just maybe they sank into depression and gave up but no one ever came along to pick them up ...
In my opinion these people really need some help ... nothing too special ... perhaps from family ... a friend that cares ... if not there is always God ...
I can go blabber on and on ... for the rest of the day ... but from 11 20 in the morning ... I've been trying to post this entry till now ... which is abt 11 20 at nite ... so I shall type more another day ... For now my friends =) More for all to ponder on ...

Quote of the day:
"When in high spirits ... Seize the day ~ live it for what it is worth ... Yet keep in sight thy goal and forget not thy roots ...
When downcast by moods ... Dispair not & live for the better tomorrow ~For the goal is nearer with each passing moment ~ Take comfort that from thy roots strength is free to be drawn ... "
---Theorem of Le FoX

No comments: