Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Memories & Legacies

Was juz mentioning that camp this year proved to be nothing Big for me this year. But as I was google-ling the phrase "LSCT FOC" that i realise the same excitment that overwhelmed me back when I was a freshie.
I guess from the pioneering batches of LSCT FOC and its now well established 8th Generation. The LSCT Society and its renowed GLs have made their impact on LSCT students ever-since founding. Without fail if you google the very terms "LSCT" or "FOC", blogs, personal websites and even public forums and school directories will contain documentations and testimonials to Ngee Ann's Freshmen Orientation Camp by the School of Life Sciences and Chemical Technology (Be it positive, neutral or otherwise)
For a single faculty with an orientation camp. I guess we had made quite the impressive hallmark to the faculty. As blogged "when u think of life sciences in NP, u think of LSCT GLs".
Past Present Future ... I guess having said all I had ... It all sounds like juz another advert or ego statement in favor of the organization I once served with pride or otherwise -winkz-
BUT ...
I must say that my years in NP ... my years with the LSCT society has amounted to more than juz getting oriented, getting comfortable and getting new friends.
NO ... its much more ...
As the society grows in membership over the years, so does my circle of friends and experience. Yet its not with age that you gain this benefit ... U inherit the entire culture, the entire network, the entire history =)
Passing phase in life ? Maybe ... But FOC is like an additive drug ... it leaves u craving for more ... Freshie --> GL --> SGL --> AGL
*no pix with me now but heres the family tree*

Me (FLASH)
My Freshies (Griffins)
Their Freshies (Beast,Sandman,etc...)
Their Freshies' Freshies (I've lost track...)
... and the list will go on

No comments: